EU (EuropeAid/DEVCO) Funding and Compliance Expert
Save the Children Netherlands is looking for an EU (EuropeAid / DEVCO) funding and compliance expert. This position will cover all EuropeAid / DEVCO related opportunities and current programming for Save the Children Netherlands with Save the Children International and the account management group of Save the Children members in Europe. This position is part of an EU account management team, currently consisting of three people facilitating internal and external EU account management.
About the position
The funding and compliance officer will work closely with all regional and country teams on thematic subjects like child protection, health and education and integrate urgent programming required for EuropeAid calls. Besides this, he/ she will work closely with the Brussels EU liaison office towards pro-active donor engagement.
Who are we looking for:
- Support to reconstruction/structural responses (50%)
- Technical Capacity Building (30%)
- Innovation, Donor Engagement, Advocacy & Representation (20%)
You are a professional with solid aspirations in the field of rehabilitation and structural programming, including an interest in resilience (DRR) analysis, programme design and programme implementation. You demonstrate a sound understanding on how to secure EuropeAid funding. You are interested in ensuring high quality programme design based on thorough analysis. You perform well under pressure and deadlines and you are eager to build a high quality programme portfolio.
EU (EuropeAid/DEVCO) Funding and Compliance Expert
Save the Children Nederland (SCNL), Den Haag, The Netherlands
Head of International Programmes
- Responsible for initiating and developing programmes into project proposals for Save the Children Netherlands for submission to DG DEVCO within defined thematic and geographical areas.
- Maintain and further develop Save the Children Netherlands’ capacity for DG DEVCO contract management and compliance.
- Support Save the Children country offices and Save the Children Netherlands throughout the programme cycle according to the relevant donor requirements.
- Maintain and further develop Save the Children Netherlands’ role and influence in the Save the Children Account Management system for DG DEVCO.
- Ensure that the administrative aspects of contracts are being met by Save the Children Netherlands and liaise with Save the Children International on all relevant and related matters.
- Engage actively with EuropeAid / ECHO in liaison with the Save the Children unit in Brussels.
- Develop the donor portfolio (including UNICEF, Worldbank and GIZ) to ensure an increase and diversification of funding.
|Key areas of accountability:
The main measurable outcome is the number of submitted concept notes and applications (# being approved).
It is an essential part of the responsibilities of the Funding and Compliance Expert to keep track of all contracts, ensure that reporting is timely and that all procedures and requirements are being met in Save the Children Netherlands. This in close cooperation with the Programme Manager (PM) and the Financial Programme Manager (FPM) functions.
- Internal administration of contracts and reporting schedules
The Funding and Compliance Expert will be responsible for liaison with the relevant Save the Children account management systems and the donor, in connection and communication with the Save the Children EuropeAid/ECHO unit in Brussels.
- Role towards Account Management and Donor relations
Successful cooperation between the Thematic Advisors (TAs) and the Funding and Compliance Expert is essential. It is therefore crucial that the Funding and Compliance Expert is able to develop basic thematic competences to be able to fulfill the position in a successful manner.
- Relationship building internally in Save the Children Netherlands. The Funding and Compliance Expert will be able to develop fruitful working relations with stakeholders within Save the Children Netherlands, and build on those relations to develop successful applications.
- Thematic capacity building
|Qualifications & experience:
- Degree in development cooperation, preferably at University level
- Documented working experience with DG DEVCO (funding instruments, proposal writing, compliance).
- Proven experience with project cycle management, including narrative and financial reporting to donors in particular DG DEVCO
- Proven experience with fundraising, donor engagement and contract negotiations
- Knowledge of DG DEVCO regulations and procedures (PRAG).
- Experience with Development Cooperation.
- If not fluent in Dutch, willing to learn the Dutch language
- Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Command of the English language both written and oral
- Conceptual and analytical skills.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Experience with DG ECHO proposal (writing and compliance)
- Experience with UNICEF, Worldbank and GIZ
- Knowledge of French and/or Spanish
|Budget and financial competence:
- Responsible for the internal contract overview and the requests for information from the entire Account Management System
- Fully competent in developing budgets and allocating resources according to the budget
|Relations & cooperation:
- Responsible for the SCNL participation in the Account Management System for EuropeAid/DEVCO
- Responsible for liaising with PMs, FPMs and TAs in SCNL and if necessary SCI
- Must be able to advise the PMs on the development of reports to all relevant donors
|Salary & benefits:
- Depending on experience and qualifications, the monthly gross salary range for the job is 2.600 to 4.100 Euros (BBRA 9/10), based on a fulltime (38 hours per week) contract.
- Please email your letter of motivation and your CV to [email protected] by Sunday 8th April 2018 the latest
- For more information, please contact Goossen Hoenders, Coordinator of the EU team: + 31 (0)70 3384448.