Save the Children Netherlands is looking for an intern to support its work for the Learning Organisation project. The role involves conducting a range of internal evaluations on projects and processes, with direct supervision of the Senior MEAL Manager.
Starting date is September 2021 for a period of 5-6 months, 4-5 days per week.
Main focus of the internship:
- Learn how to conduct internal evaluations on key projects, processes or other activities for Save the Children Netherlands. Please note that these evaluations will not be focused on projects implemented in our Country Offices, but on internal processes within the SC Netherlands office. Examples of past internal evaluations conducted include: an evaluation of the results achieved by a new HR policy; an evaluation of a fundraising campaign in the Netherlands.
- The evaluations will involve: developing data collection tools, collecting quantitative and qualitative data, analysing the data collected, producing evaluation reports and presenting key findings to target audiences.
- Support maintenance of an internal database for learnings extracted from past evaluations.
- Learn about the work of the senior MEAL manager and support him with some day-to-day activities.
What we offer:
- Flexible working style, self- motivated and willing to learn
- Completed Bachelors level education in a relevant subject
- Interest in the of NGO and/or development sector. Prior volunteering experience is a plus
- Good analysis and research skills
- Data visualisation skills (ability with Power BI is a plus)
- Quantitative and/or qualitative research experience
- Some experience in evaluation work is a distinctive plus
- Fluent spoken and written English and Dutch
- EU national or entitled to work in the Netherlands, preferably living in or nearby Den Haag
- Ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children
We provide the opportunity to get first-hand work experience in the NGO sector and particularly in evaluation, working in a multicultural and friendly environment of an organisation with presence in over than 120 countries globally.
We value the learning experience of the internship and, as much as possible, we provide learning opportunities to our interns.
We offer a reimbursement of 180 EUR per month or, in alternative, travel costs reimbursement (in case travel costs occur).
Please note that, due to COVID19, the internship will likely be partially or fully a remote/work-from-home position.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates are invited to apply by 22nd August
by submitting, in English, a CV and cover letter detailing the motivation and interest in the opportunity to: [email protected]
and adding in the object: Learning Organisation internship September 2021.
Interviews with pre-selected candidates will take place on 1st