About Save the Children
Every child has the right to a happy childhood. That is why Save the Children is committed to improving the lives of children - and thus the future of our society. As the largest independent children's rights organization in the world, we give children a healthy start and the opportunity to learn. And we protect them from abuse, neglect and exploitation.
How do we do that? With 25,000 employees, we are committed to children in about 120 countries. We respond to emergencies, realize sustainable development and ensure that the voice of children is heard. We are wherever children need us. Also in the most difficult to reach places. Every day again. Unconditionally.
About the function:
The Programme Manager works together with colleagues in the Program Department and reports to the Development Team Leader within the Programme Department. The Programme Manager works in the office of Save the Children Netherlands in The Hague.
In this position your responsibilities consist of:
- Developing and implementing a strategy focusing on engagement with Corporates/Private Funds, from a programmatic perspective, in line with -and contributing to- the SCNL and SCI equivalents of these policies and plans.
- Contribution to strategic engagements with Corporates/Foundations/ private donors (in close collaboration with P&P):
- Pro-active or reactive resource mobilisation, relevant to the existing portfolio and within the frameworks of the Program Department's focus agreements. If necessary, support can also be provided for proposals that fall within the strategic corporate/private engagement plan that is yet to be developed.
- Managing the assigned programme portfolio independently, in close coordination with the Development Team Leader and colleagues within the team.
- Ensuring that all Save the Children Netherlands work processes are followed, and the respective systems are used, for the assigned portfolio.
- Creating and maintaining a strategically relevant network of actors, in the Netherlands and internationally.
- Managing the resources of the assigned part of the programme portfolio, in close coordination with the respective Financial Programme Manager.
- Completed academic or higher professional education in a relevant field, or comparable level of work and thinking
- 5 years of work experience relevant to the requirements of the job.
- Experience managing a portfolio with Corporates/Private Funds
- Result driven and proactive work attitude, pragmatic and involved
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Commercial and social attitude, entrepreneurial, proactive and innovative.
- Able to work in a dynamic, international environment
- Able to build, maintain a network and represent the organization in an appropriate manner
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, and good command of the English language.
- Able to work with modern office automation applications
- An affinity with the vision and mission of Save the Children as well as a proactive attitude, and able to work independently, project-based, and result-oriented.
- Entitled to work in the Netherlands.
- Preferably live in or near The Hague.
Save the Children has an active safety policy for children. That is why we ask candidates to be willing to comply with our code of conduct and to cooperate in requesting a Certificate of Good Conduct.
The opportunity to work for millions of children worldwide! You are part of an international network and you will enter a period in which growth and innovation are paramount. Together with a large group of enthusiastic colleagues, you will have the opportunity to achieve wonderful results and at the same time develop yourself further.
Save the Children has an active safety policy for children and does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This topic is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures. Save the Children participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. By applying for a job at Save the Children, you agree that we will obtain standardized references in accordance with the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure.
Information and application:
For substantive questions about this position, please contact Dominique Bovens Team Lead Development, Telephone: 070 338 44 48, email: [email protected].
For questions about the application procedure, please contact Sayonara Kartawirja, HR Advisor. Telephone 070 338 4448, [email protected].
You can express your interest for this position until 7 February by filling in the form via this link.
Applications received in a different way will not be processed.
Requesting references can be part of the application procedure.
Save the Children Nederland guarantees that we handle your personal data with care. We only use your personal data to process this application. After termination of the application procedure, all data will be destroyed within 4 weeks, unless you give us permission to keep it longer.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.