Programme Manager, Humanitarian (full time / 38 hours)
Do you have field experience working with disaster management, operational planning and implementation? And do you feel ready to take on a coordinating role from an HQ perspective in a vibrant team, supporting humanitarian responses? Are you a real team player, having excellent diplomatic and communication skills and do you work well under stressful circumstances? Then here is your opportunity to become part of one of the world’s leading Child Rights-based organizations.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children Netherlands is based in the Hague, and works with around 50 plus professionals to support our global programmes in different thematic areas like child protection, child rights governance, health & nutrition and humanitarian response.
About the position
We are currently recruiting for a Programme Manager to join our humanitarian team in The Hague. You will coordinate and lead a Joint Response Programme in South Sudan, being in charge of the management of the contract including the content of the program, the relationship with the donor and the joint response partners. You’re involved in fundraising and providing support to the Humanitarian Coordinator, whilst providing your feedback and input to your colleagues in the Award Management team concerning active humanitarian programmes.
Who are we looking for:
You are a professional with solid experience in the field of humanitarian programming, including resilience (DRR), analysis, research, programme design and development and programme implementation. You demonstrate a sound understanding on how to secure humanitarian funding. You are skilled in ensuring high quality programme design based on thorough analysis. You have a proven track record in leading (design) workshops and coordinating program reviews and evaluations. You perform well under pressure and deadlines and you are eager to build your network, strengthening existing relations with both the donor as well as with partners.
Programme Manager (Humanitarian)
Save the Children (SCNL),
The Hague, Netherlands
Head of Global Programmes
You support the humanitarian team achieving its strategic objectives, which are focused on ensuring a high level of quality support of Save the Children Netherlands’s contribution to Save the Children International’s humanitarian responses and Humanitarian set-up, and Save the Children Netherlands’ cooperation within the Dutch humanitarian sector. Your tasks will include:
- Leading a joint response programme with multiple partners were Save is leading
- Management of contract including the content of the program and the relationship with the donor
- You monitor and evaluate progress and suggest and incorporate adjustments where required
- Together with the partners both in HQ as well as in the field, you develop strategic plans for the country you’re responsible for
- Support the adequate management and implementation of humanitarian programs, and be responsible for compliance matters
- Actively exploring opportunities for additional/new funding of humanitarian programming.
- Responsible for successful submission of proposals to a variety of donors by the team as well as through own submissions .
- Supporting the Humanitarian Coordinator in his work on building Save the Children Netherlands and Save the Children International humanitarian Architecture.
- Participate in SCNLs Humanitarian Cluster and Acute Crisis Team when required.
- Contribute and supporting of the annual planning, reporting and administration related to the activities of the Humanitarian Team and humanitarian programs.
|Key areas of accountability:
Key areas of accountability:
- Coordinating a large Response programme with multiple partners that Save the Children is leading (60%).
- Development of humanitarian proposals and identification of new funding opportunities (15%)
- Supporting PM in ensuring donor compliance (DRA and SHO) (15%)
- Work together and support the HC in further developing the Dutch and international humanitarian architecture. (10%)
|Qualifications & experience:
We are looking for a candidate, who can tick off the majority of the bullets below:
- In-depth knowledge of emergency aid and disaster response on an academic level
- At least 5 years post-qualification professional experience in humanitarian aid
- Experience with managing and being part of humanitarian consortia
- Strong program management skills. You can manage complex programs with multiple partners in several countries.
- Hands-on approach
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in developing emergency preparedness and acute crisis response programmes
- Extensive experience with preparing successful funding proposals for a variety of donors.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Commitment to and understanding of the child rights approach, the UN Child Rights Convention and experience in using established inter-agency standards and guidelines.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of the Dutch Relief Alliance and its Joint Response mechanism, as well as about SHO and UN structure, including inter-agency coordination, is a plus.
- A high level of written and spoken English. Skills in French and/or Arabic will be a strong asset.
|Relations & cooperation:
- Responsible for the Save the Children Netherlands participation in the relevant Save the Children International working groups and relevant working groups within the Dutch Humanitarian sector
- Responsible for liaising with PMs, FPMs and TAs in Save the Children Netherlands and if necessary Save the Children International
- Must be able to advise the PMs on the development of reports to all relevant donors
- Point of contact for the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs on relevant programs
|Child Safeguarding Policy
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
|Salary & benefits:
- The initial contract will be for 1 year with the opportunity to extend based on good performance
- Depending on experience and qualifications, the monthly gross salary range is 2.600 to 4.100 Euros (BBRA 9 / 10), based on a fulltime (38 hours per week) contract.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Please send your detailed resume and motivational letter in English to [email protected] no later than 8th of April 2018 and mention in the subject Application for Programme Manager – Humanitarian team.
For more information about the position, please contact Jorieke Streef, Head of Programmes: +31(0)70. 338 4441