About Save the Children
Every child has the right to a happy childhood. That is why Save the Children is committed to improving the lives of children - and thus the future of our society. As the largest independent children's rights organization in the world, we give children a healthy start and the opportunity to learn. And we protect them from abuse, neglect and exploitation.
How do we do that? With 25,000 employees, we are committed to children in about 120 countries. We respond to emergencies, realize sustainable development and ensure that the voice of children is heard. We are wherever children need us. Also in the most difficult to reach places. Every day again. Unconditionally.
About the function:
The Programme Manager New Partnerships Development works together with colleagues in the Program Department across the humanitarian, development and Programme Quality Teams, and reports to the Development Team Leader within the Programme Department. The Programme Manager works in the office of Save the Children Netherlands in The Hague.
The PM will have a focus on development of the partnership with GIZ, KFW, and the Dutch Embassies, with a specific focus on Mali, Nigeria, South Sudan, Thailand and Laos. The position will work closely with the Country Focal Points for these countries and with the Save the Children Country Offices.
In this position your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Cultivate relationships with prospective donors, with a focus on, but not limited to, GIZ, KFW, and Netherlands Embassies, in close collaboration with the Country Office.
- Cultivate relationships with peer NGOs where relevant, for the purpose of joint propositioning towards mentioned donors.
- Discuss with Country Offices the potential room for partnership with these donors as well as invest in dialogue, awareness and capacity of Country Offices to engage with these donors and, ultimately, write good proposals for this target group.
- Research prospective areas of partnership with these donors and draw up a plan with the respective Country Offices to cultivate their interest and build the partnership, including research, organisation of dialogue, external communication pieces and project ideas.
- Lead the development of relevant proposals internally, with the respective Country Offices and with external partners.
- Ensure that donor requirements and Save the Children quality standards are adhered to throughout the partnership building and proposal development phase.
- Ensure our story is compelling and in alignment with Save the Children’s strategic priorities.
- Share Dutch/ KFW/GiZ donor-specific requirements with the respective Country Offices and maintain current donor templates and guidelines on online platforms (OneNet, Workplace, Teams).
- Liaise closely with SCDE on cultivating the relationship with German donors in Germany and enhancing Save the Children’s reputation on relevant areas there.
- Other tasks when required and in consultation with the Development Team Leader.
Indicated program management responsibilities follow the internal Save the Children Programme Management Cycle (PMC) and other internal systems such as the Award Management System (AMS) - and takes place in close coordination with colleagues such as Technical Experts, Financial Programme Managers, relevant colleagues in the team and (when necessary) the Development Team Lead.
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Bachelor’s degree in international development / Social Sciences or related field.
- 3- 5 years’ progressive work experience in the NGO sector in international development; direct field experience is considered an asset.
- (Proposal) Writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Demonstrated experience with partnership development with Dutch Embassies, GIZ or KFW.
- Demonstrated experience with Dutch / KFW/ GIZ standards and guidelines is an asset.
- Proven track record in securing funding from institutional donors.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship-building, prepositioning, intelligence-gathering, opportunity generation and proposal development (including coordination and proposal writing).
- Experience and knowledge of partnership-building and forming and/or building consortia.
- Experience in creating visibility with stakeholders and leveraging technical work to build relationships.
- Budgeting for proposals experience, with understanding of donor financial parameters.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to develop strong working relationships across cultural and organizational boundaries with internal and external stakeholders, and managing through influence.
- Superior English writing skills; proficiency in German, French or Dutch considered an asset.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills, with the ability to work within tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Knowledge of child rights programming in areas of Youth Economic Empowerment, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, Prevention of Child Labor, Nutrition and Gender Equality.
- Ability to travel internationally on occasional basis.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to Save the Children’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Entitled to work in the Netherlands.
- Preferably live in or near The Hague.
We see the added value of diversity and are committed to an inclusive working environment. That is why we invite everyone to apply for a job with us, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religious and/or cultural background, personality and/or other visible and invisible characteristics.
Save the Children has an active safety policy for children and does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This topic is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
Save the Children participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
By applying for a job at Save the Children, you agree that we will obtain standardized references in accordance with the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure.
The opportunity to work for millions of children worldwide! You are part of an international network and you will enter an exciting time as our humanitarian portfolio is growing, bringing lots of interesting opportunities. Together with a large group of enthusiastic colleagues, you will have the chance to achieve wonderful results and at the same time develop yourself further.
The salary scale for this position is Scale 10 (min. EUR 2.756,75 and max. EUR 4.430,97) according to the CAO Rijksoverheidsschalen.
Offers are subject to positive references and the submission of a recent Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG)
Information and application:
Adjustment application process in connection with the Corona virus
Save the Children follows the advice of the RIVM regarding the Corona virus. That is why the employees of Save the Children largely work from home. Our application committee also works from home. You can continue to apply for our vacancies and continue application procedures. Job interviews will temporarily take place via video connections.
For substantive questions about this position, please contact Dominique Bovens, Team Lead Development, email: [email protected].
For questions about the application procedure, please contact Sayonara Kartawirja, HR Advisor. Telephone 070 338 4448.
You can express your interest for this position by Sunday September 12th, by filling in the form on our own website. Applications received in a different way will not be processed.
The interviews will probably take place in the weeks of September 13 and 20.
Requesting references can be part of the application procedure.
Save the Children Nederland guarantees that we handle your personal data with care. We only use your personal data to process this application. After termination of the application procedure, all data will be destroyed within 4 weeks, unless you give us permission to keep it longer.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.