Programme Officer (full time / 38 hours)
Are you flexible, do you take initiative and are you a team player? Do you take pride in creating dashboards, administration and contract management excellence? Would you like to contribute to the work of Save the Children, reaching the most disadvantaged children?
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children Netherlands is based in the Hague, and works with around 50 professionals to support our global programmes in different thematic areas like child protection, child rights governance, health & nutrition and humanitarian response.
About the position
Save the Children is seeking a Programme Officer who is well organized and has a strong ability to manage his or herself in stressful situations. In this role, you provide administrative support to the International Programme department. This means you provide continued first line support to all the teams and facilitate easy accessible programme information through the national database, management of programme files, IATI reporting and departmental overviews and dashboards. You will work within the Dutch office located in The Hague and report to the Head of Programmes.
Who are we looking for:
You are a young professional with some experience in the development sector including on database management, award management and reporting. You demonstrate a sound understanding on the programme management cycle. You are skilled in supporting visual management and dashboards and perform well under pressure and deadlines.
Save the Children Nederland (SCNL), Den Haag, The Netherlands
Head of Global Programmes
As Programme Officer, your main responsibility is to provide support to the International Programme department. Your tasks will include:
- Responsible for processing project information in the internal database (Kristal)
- Responsible for IATI reporting
- Responsible for management of easy and accessible Programme files, including archiving
- Promotes areas for improvement to deepen and improve of the various processes and approaches
- Preparation for contract management, payments and consolidation of information in alliances and consortia were Save is leading.
- Support in updating departmental overviews (acquisition, KPIs, project lists, planningtools)
- Support to visual management (dashboarding, presentations)
- Provide support to the annual planning process as well as the annual report
- In preparation of pre-departure briefings and debriefings of colleagues travelling outside Europe
- When relevant, support preparation and processing of internal as well as external strategic meetings.
- Contributes to fundraising, when support is relevant or requested
- Hands on support to the Head of Programmes
|Key areas of accountability:
- Providing support to the teams within the international programme department, in close cooperation and agreement with the Head of Programmes (70%)
- Easy accessible Programme information through national database, management of programme files, IATI reporting and departmental overviews and dashboards (30%)
|Qualifications & experience:
- Relevant Master degree
- 1 – 3 years working experience, preferably in an international setting
- Administrative experience
- Interest and experience in working with complex database systems
- Knowledge about IATI reporting
- Interest in programme management cycle; from acquisition to implementation and evaluations assuring thorough quality.
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- Professional attitude and good team player
- Skills in French will be a strong asset
- Living in the Hague
- Legal experience is an advantage
|Budget and financial competence:
- Providing support to the development of programme budgets and the review of financial reports
|Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
|Salary & benefits:
- The initial contract will be for 1 year with the opportunity to extend based on good performance
- Depending on experience and qualifications, the monthly gross salary range is 2.245 to 3.286 Euros (BBRA 7 / 8), based on a fulltime (38 hours per week) contract.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Please send your detailed resume and motivational letter in English to [email protected] no later than 8th April 2018 and mention in the subject Application for Programme Officer.
For more information about the position, please contact Jorieke Streef, Head of Programmes: +31(0)70. 338 4441