Intern position Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
Save the Children Netherlands is looking for an intern to support its work in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL). The role involves a large variety of support task with direct supervision of the MEAL Advisor.
Starting date preferably in September 2019, for a period of 5-6 months, 4-5 days per week.
- Support the review of incoming reports and evaluations from Country Offices
- Support the drafting and publication of Terms of Reference for external consultant and support related hiring processes
- Support the preparation of a Quarterly Research and Evidence brief
- Support the work related to internal reviews of ongoing projects and/or other activities
- Support tasks related to the learning organisation project, including organisation of meetings and workshops, drafting or reviewing of documents
- Education at Masters level in a relevant subject
- Knowledge of NGO and/or development sector, preferably through prior volunteering experience
- Good analysis and research skills
- Quantitative and/or qualitative research experience
- Fluent spoken and written English, Dutch would be an advantage
- EU national or entitled to work in the Netherlands, preferably living in or nearby Den Haag
- Flexible working style, Self- motivated and willing to learn
- Ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children
What we offer:
We provide the opportunity to get first-hand work experience in the NGO sector, working in a multicultural and friendly environment of an organisation with presence in over than 120 countries globally.
We value the learning experience of the internship and, as much as possible, we provide learning opportunities to our interns.
We offer a small reimbursement of 170 EUR per month or travel costs reimbursement.
How to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates are invited to apply by 12 August 2019
by submitting, in English, a CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
and adding in the object: MEAL internship 2019