Account Development Manager (32-38 hours)
Save the Children is currently recruiting for an Account Development Manager to manage and develop corporate partnerships. We are looking for a team player with a proven track-record on implementing Shared Value / programmatic partnerships with the corporate sector.
Save the Children is the largest independent child rights organization. We employ approximately 27,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 120+ countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to ensure that children’s rights are respected and their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs by 2030 in how the world treats children:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Place in the organization
As Save the Children is a matrix organization you will also work in a corporate cluster with representatives leading Children's Rights & Business partnerships and corporate driven Partnerships. The cluster reports progress on developing strategic partnerships to the CEO.
You will build up and manage two or three existing partnerships with Shared Value potential. You have knowledge and a clear vision on managing Shared Value programs and are familiar with seeking institutional funds and/or leading Public Private Partnerships. You are familiar with successful Shared Value partnerships on nutrition and healthcare. You are able to take the partnerships to a strategic level. deploying the (inter)national resources and expertise available within the Save the Children organization. Furthermore you assist your two colleagues in the corporate cluster with Shared Value elements present in the partnerships they lead. We are looking for a candidate who has a clear vision on joint programming with corporates and a hands-on mentality to implement this vision and ability to lead innovative partnerships. You have a strategic mind-set, are a structured and analytical thinker and you have strong relationship management skills.
What you will do?
- You manage and develop corporate partnerships with a focus on Shared Value programming and innovations for children.
- You are a relation manager with a small portfolio of partnerships with a shared value element. You build the relation and involve the necessary (international) stakeholders when needed.
Who you are:
- You are able to work vertically through the organization from project management to boardroom level.
- You are able to signal new opportunities both within existing relations and new potential partners.
- You will apply your experience in starting and managing Public Private Partnerships seek institutional funding for financing innovative multi-sectoral partnerships.
What we offer:
- You have a HBO/WO background and are experienced in working with the corporate sector
- You possess great communication skills, are able to make decisions
- You demonstrate analytical skills and always work towards a solution
- You have an entrepreneurial innovative mind-set and have a hands-on pro-active mentality
- You are a team-player
- You are representative and a skilled relationship manager
- Excellent (written and oral) level of the Dutch and English language
- A network on boardroom level is a plus
- Living in the The Hague area is a plus
A great challenge to work for millions of children worldwide! You are part of an international network and you start in a period where growth and innovation are an important part of our organization. Together with a large group of enthusiastic colleagues you get the chance to achieve great results while at the same time there is the opportunity for personal development. The position is available for 32-38 hours per week.
Save the Children has an active Child Safeguarding Policy. That is why we ask candidates to comply with our code of conduct and to cooperate in requesting a Declaration of Good Behavior (Verklaring omtrent Gedrag).
Do you recognize yourself in the above vacancy and do you think your contribution can make a difference? Send an e-mail with your resume and motivation letter by 31 May at the latest to [email protected]
For more information you can contact Claire van den Broek, telephone number 070-3384448.