Coordinator insurance covenant
Save the Children Nederland is looking for a coordinator for the insurance covenant (38 hours per week).
Save the Children helps children in need as a result of poverty, war and natural disasters. Throughout the world, we give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protect them from injustice and danger. We do everything necessary to improve the lives of children - and with that the future of our society.
Save the Children is where children need us: at the heart of society in 124 countries with over 27,000 local employees. Save the Children Netherlands is located in The Hague. The organisation consists of the departments of International Programs, Domestic Program, Lobby and Advocacy, Communication, Fundraising, Finance and Control and Staff Department (Internal Service) and currently has about 70 employees.
Place in the organisation
The coordinator is administratively placed under the alliance lead applicant, Save the Children in The Netherlands and reports to the Head of Lobby and Advocacy.
The coordinator will be responsible for the overall coordination of the insurance covenant and will develop, plan, coordinate and monitor all the activities between the HQs of the covenant partners in The Netherlands. Establishing good internal and external communication will be one of the main tasks being the contact point between the covenant partners and the donor the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFa), other outside bodies and stakeholders.
Responsibilities and tasks :
- Organise the coordination meetings between the CSO’s;
- Act as secretary of these meetings;
- Keep the overview the necessary processes of the Covenant;
- Advising the CSO’s on procedures and content;
- Represent if needed the CSO’s in the different echelons of the Covenant, as well as in the working groups;
- Liaise with the different partners of the Covenant and if needed with other stakeholders;
- ideally have a legal or economic background;
- must have strong analytical and diplomatic skills, that show in her/his professional record, publications, and personal network;
- have academic skills and an excellent command of the Dutch language as well as outstanding editorial and writing ability. Fluency in English is a strong advantage;
- have a strong understanding of the latest international discourse surrounding the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and the OECD Guidelines on Multinational Enterprises
- be able to develop and explore creative and innovative interpretations of these standards, which are sensitive to environmental and human rights realities on the ground.
- have a strong knowledge of the role insurance corporations play with respect to environmental and human rights and the relevant discussions on their actual and potential roles with respect to environmental and human rights and conflict
- have experience as within multi-stakeholder processes and preferably has worked with businesses on their responsibility to respect human rights and environmental standards.
- should be able to engage constructively with various stakeholders, including insurance corporations, government officials, trade unions and environment/human rights experts while not shying away from contentious dialogue where necessary to defend the rights of victims of environmental and/or human rights abuses
- be aware of the various processes insurance corporations currently employ with respect to environmental and/or human rights prevention, mitigation and remedy, and be able to improve practical and tangible improvements to these processes. In depth knowledge of remedial processes (including non-judicial grievance mechanisms), human rights risk information, and value chain analysis is preferable
Save the Children has an active safety policy for children. That is why we ask candidates to comply with our code of conduct and to cooperate in requesting a Declaration of good behaviour.
The opportunity to commit yourself to millions of children worldwide! You are part of an international network and where growth and innovation come first. Together with a large group of enthusiastic colleagues you get the chance to achieve great results and at the same time develop yourself.
The function is for 38 hours per week, for a period of 6 months with possible extension. We offer a salary that fits within the charity sector, classified according to the salary scales of the national government (BBRA), based on a 38-hour working week.
Information and application:
For questions about this position, you can contact Josette Hermans, employee Lobby and Advocacy. Telephone: 070 338 44 48, email: [email protected]
For questions about the application procedure, you can contact Sayonara Kartawirja, HR Officer. Telephone 070 338 4448, [email protected]
You can express your interest in this function by 14 March 2019 date by sending an email with motivation letter and curriculum vitae to [email protected]
, stating "Coordinator Insurance covenant". The first round of discussions is scheduled for 19 March 2019
Requesting references can be part of the application procedure.
Save the Children Nederland guarantees that we handle your personal data with care. We only use your personal data for the processing of this application. After termination of the application process, all data will be destroyed within 4 weeks, unless you give us permission to keep them for longer.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.